Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 5, 10/31/08

Glasses of "lemonade" consumed: 8

Length of time to drink quart of saltwater: 5 minutes

Length of time between completion of salt water consumption and 1st trip to the bathroom: 20 minutes

Number of bowel movements: 5

Number of random objects expelled during said bowel movements: nothing, and I'm getting frustrated

Weight lost since previous day: 0.6

Total weight lost: 6.0 lbs.


Today was a new experience for me. I was awoken early this morning by some stomach cramps. I decided not to tempt falling back asleep and crapping in the bed, only to wake up in it 30 minutes later. It looks like the senna tea finally kicked in. I couldn't even mix my salt water before I was in the bathroom. The senna tea is known to cause cramping, so I like to imagine that there's a bowel battle going on inside of me. There was even a little bit of solid (and by that I mean semi-solid) material. Progress.

I felt a little tired today and felt like my stomach was empty for the first time so far. I also developed a gassy feeling later in the day. There's no pootin' going on, only the feeling of air bubbles moving around inside. I'm expecting it to get backed up and provide me with quite a show in the morning. Our toilet doesn't have handles, but I might wish that it did tomorrow. There's no drain installed in our bathroom floor so any explosions cannot be solved with some Dawn and a hose.

5 days down and 5 to go. If I can get through the weekend I think I'll be okay. Happy Halloween.

No comments: